Signals Solutions Engineer
Herndon, VA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
HawkEye 360 is seeking a signal solutions engineer to identify the hidden value in HE360’s data in order to bring a new dimension of knowledge to our customers. Reporting to the Director of RF Solutions, the signals solution engineer will work side by side with potential customers to understand and maximize the value of RF geolocation to specific missions to drive business growth. Execution includes technical analysis of HawkEye 360 data to identify value to specific key potential customers, embedding with potential customers to better understand their requirements, and working closely with the HawkEye 360 engineering team. This position is based in Herndon, Virginia.As the Signals Solutions Engineer, your main responsibilities will be:
- Work with clients to develop high-impact RF solutions.
- Conduct technical analysis of HE360 RF data to identify key signals in our data.
- Identify new signals important to meeting our client’s mission needs.
- Perform RF emission analysis including the time, geolocation, center frequency, emitter characteristics, and general class of emissions.
- Incorporate, when available, other data sources to support complete characterization of communications and radar equipment from their associated signal parameters and metadata.
- Identify opportunities where extracting additional RF emission metadata would unlock value for HawkEye 360 customers.
- Develop accurate signal chronologies and determine relationships between related signals.
- Identify methods to improve collections and associated tuning updates to improve HawkEye 360’s automated processing.
- Embed with potential customers to identify the best mix of new and existing signals to address their mission requirements.
- Collaborate closely with engineering team to refine algorithms and develop new signals.
- Reinforce by example the company’s commitment to its values.
Essential education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Science, or Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of technical ELINT experience.
- Ability to work with clients to understand their workflows and develop solutions to meet and exceed their mission needs.
- Ability to use signals analysis tools, techniques, and procedures to make precise measurements such as radio frequency, inter/intrapulse modulation, pulse duration, pulse repetition intervals, and scan type and time.
- Demonstrated experience in the using mature architectures for collection, screening, reporting, and processing signal data.
- Ability to analyze and display both raw HawkEye 360 data and processed geolocations.
- A high degree of individual initiative, driven by a relentless desire to unlock the value of HE360 data for USG users.
- Passion for achieving customer success through learning and exploring new ways to solve problems.
- Understanding of mature RF systems and workflows for integrating our data and analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working expertise in COTS and GOTS signal analysis software and tools.
- Willingness to expand knowledge of signals analysis into adjacent domains based using on the job training.
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Mathematics or related field
- Technical experience analyzing both communication and non-communications radio frequency emissions.
- USG polygraph
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Signal end-user/customer facing experience
HawkEye 360 offers a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus and benefits. We consider many factors when determining salary offers, such as candidate's work experience, education, training & skills, as well as market and business considerations. We are also open to considering candidates with experience and qualifications at a different level than required in a job posting, which may affect the compensation package offered.
HawkEye 360 is delivering a revolutionary source of global knowledge based on radio frequency (RF) geospatial analytics to those working to make the world a safer place. The company operates a commercial satellite constellation that detects, geolocates, and identifies a broad range of signals & behaviors. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our global customers with high-impact insights needed to make decisions with confidence. HawkEye 360 is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
HawkEye 360 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: HawkEye 360 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HawkEye 360 employees or any other organization location. HawkEye 360 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at HawkEye 360
Something looks off?