Full Stack Developer - Account Defender
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
HUMAN was founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore by Tamer Hassan, Michael Tiffany, Dan Kaminsky, and Ash Kalb. Our humble beginnings led to the creation of the Human Defense Platform, the backbone of all our products that safeguards enterprises from sophisticated bot attacks, fraud, and account abuse. Today we verify the humanity of more than 20 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest companies and internet platforms.
Our hacker roots still permeate everything we do. You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our commitment to helping protect companies (and in turn, their customers) from both revenue and reputation risk caused by malicious bots. However, HUMAN is not the center of this story. Humans like yourself are. We firmly believe in putting people first. This approach spans our extensive total rewards package, inclusive of competitive compensation, benefits, stipends - as well as our day-to-day culture - to ensure every human is empowered to do the best work of their life. We want to hear about the marathon you’re training for. We want to see pictures of your pets. We want to know your favorite robot (we have many).
The HUMAN R&D team is pivotal to our mission. They are the ones uncovering and fighting bot operations like PARETO, ICEBUCKET, 3ve, and Methbot. HUMAN supports our R&D humans by strongly valuing deep work and flexibility. HUMAN is fully committed to flexible working arrangements to ensure our humans are able to do the best work of their lives.
We want to work with people like you who break down problems to build up better solutions. That’s what makes us HUMAN.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting moment in the HUMAN story: we joined forces with PerimeterX in a market-changing merger, as well as recently acquired clean.io to enhance the Human Defense Platform. Together under the HUMAN brand, we will disrupt the economics of cybercrime. We hope you can join us in that mission.
Join HUMAN and help protect the internet from cybercriminals! HUMAN has just launched its Account Defender product and is looking for a talented and eager Full Stack Engineer to join the adventure, who really loves solving high-scalability challenges using cutting-edge technologies. HUMAN Account Defender prevents fraudsters from attacking our customers’ users, and also from creating fake accounts in their systems. You'll be working on the product’s console, building beautiful and user friendly screens, in use by our customers to manage our systems which are handling billions of requests daily and analyzing data to prevent real-time web attacks. You will also work closely with other departments - UX, product, engineers, research, etc.- and lead features from scratch to production.
What you'll do:
- Join the fresh and exciting new HUMAN’s product in its early stage, as one of its first engineers. Be a main figure in a core, flat team (engineers, product, researchers, data scientists).
- Own and lead very cool and exciting client side features and screens from scratch to production, with a great end-user experience and importancy for the details.
- Work closely with other fullstack engineers from HUMAN guild, engineers, researchers, product managers, DevOps, and other team members within the company.
- Special bonus for the ones who got until now: a quick demo of our product, so you’ll know what you will work about soon: https://www.humansecurity.com/products/account-defender
Who you are:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience as a fullstack developer, with a strong understanding of frontend and backend technologies.
- Experience with React, including React-Query and other common libraries and tools.
- Experience with Node.js, including Express and other common libraries and tools.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases - an advantage.
- Experience with building RESTful APIs - an advantage.
- Ability to take responsibility and work independently "Can do" attitude with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Life at HUMAN:
HUMAN prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. We firmly believe in putting people first regardless of who you are, where you come from, how you identify, or who your favorite robot is (we have many). We are on a mission to protect the integrity of the internet for everyone, so we welcome all individuals to come to share their unique experiences and perspectives as we fight against cybercrime together!
With Humans located in all parts of the world, we’ve fully embraced our diversity of thought and are always looking for innovative ways to connect with one another - even in virtual reality! Although New York City is our HQ, with teams in London, Virginia, and Victoria, we trust our Humans in choosing where they work and how they work. The benefits package we provide reflects our remote-first culture and our commitment to our Humans’ personal career development, which includes annual stipends for home office setup, wellbeing, and learning & development. We also offer flexible time off, no-meeting Fridays, HUMAN days, sabbatical programs, and so much more.
We’re constantly trying to anticipate the needs of our Humans to ensure each one of us is equally prepared to do some of the best work of our life. Taking care of one another is part of the HUMAN experience and how we build true HUMAN connections.
If you are an individual with a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us directly.
See more open positions at HUMAN
Something looks off?