Presales Media Engineer
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
HUMAN was founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore by Tamer Hassan, Michael Tiffany, Dan Kaminsky, and Ash Kalb. Our humble beginnings led to the creation of the Human Defense Platform, the backbone of all our products that protect enterprises from sophisticated bots, fraud, and account abuse. Today we verify the humanity of more than 15 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest companies and internet platforms.
Our hacker roots still permeate everything we do. You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our commitment to protecting companies (and in turn, their customers) from both revenue and reputation risk caused by digital attacks. However, HUMAN is not the center of this story. Humans like yourself are. We firmly believe in putting people first. This approach spans our extensive benefits and day-to-day culture in order for every human to do the best work of their life. We want to hear about the marathon you’re training for. We want to see pictures of your pets. We want to know your favorite robot (we have many).
Even if you’re not a conventional “hacker” we can assure you that you are a hacker in your own right. We want to work with people like you who break down problems to build up better solutions. That’s what makes us HUMAN.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting moment in the HUMAN story: we joined forces with PerimeterX in a market-changing merger. Together under the HUMAN brand, we will disrupt the economics of cybercrime. We hope you can join us in that mission.
The Presales team here at HUMAN seek passionate, driven and enthusiastic sales engineering professionals. In this role, you will be the regional presales engineer, making a huge impact on the media team’s success and contributing ideas to the sales and presales process.
If you’re looking for a role where you can make the internet a safer place for future generations while helping us achieve exponential growth - then this role is for you.
Help us keep Music, Advertising, Marketing, Applications, Connected TV, Social Media, E-Commerce, Banking, Healthcare Human!
Who you are:
- Have a solid understanding of ad serving technologies including openRTB, SSAI, DMPs, CDPs, header bidding, programmatic advertising, and the technologies that power them all.
- 5+ years in a media-oriented pre sales role.
- Experience of working with enterprise customers.
- At ease speaking to persons from a commercial, business as well as technical background
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Ability and drive to plan, develop and execute product evaluations.
- Exposure in a multitude of ad tech user interfaces (i.e. ad servers, SSP platforms, DSP platforms, etc).
- Understanding and experience with Paid Search and Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising and relevant platforms.
- Experience with Programming and Scripting Skills
- Understanding of IP networking, HTTP(S), DNS and various web architectures such as CDN’s, WAF’s and load balancing services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What you'll do:
- Present the HUMAN platform to prospective customers, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements.
- Create evaluation test plans with customers and manage the PoC process to a successful conclusion.
- Work closely with customers as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of issues, and will be the customers’ advocate for issues that require assistance from HUMAN Security Customer Success & Engineering.
- Provide feedback to the Product Management Team on feature requests and product enhancements communicated by our customer base.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Respond to customers questions both technical and business as well as respond to RFI / RFP requests
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Take the initiative to become subject matter expert on detection and mitigation of security threats and related automated attack and fraud models.
Life at HUMAN:
HUMAN prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. We firmly believe in putting people first regardless of who you are, where you come from, how you identify, or who your favorite robot is (we have many). We are on a mission to protect the integrity of the internet for everyone, so we welcome all individuals to come to share their unique experiences and perspectives as we fight against cybercrime together!
With Humans located in all parts of the world, we’ve fully embraced our diversity of thought and are always looking for innovative ways to connect with one another - even in virtual reality! Although New York City is our HQ, with teams in London, Virginia, and Victoria, we trust our Humans in choosing where they work and how they work. The benefits package we provide reflects our remote-first culture and our commitment to our Humans’ personal career development, which includes annual stipends for home office setup, wellbeing, and learning & development. We also offer flexible time off, no-meeting Fridays, HUMAN days, sabbatical programs, and so much more.
We’re constantly trying to anticipate the needs of our Humans to ensure each one of us is equally prepared to do some of the best work of our life. Taking care of one another is part of the HUMAN experience and how we build true HUMAN connections.
If you are an individual with a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us directly.
The base pay range for this position is $140,000-$170,000 which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.
See more open positions at HUMAN
Something looks off?