Market Performance Associate
We all know every decision should be driven by data. But what about the data you don’t know? For years, the status quo in data aggregation has lacked visibility, moved slowly, and cost too much…leaving organizations to make critical decisions, day after day, without the whole picture. Premise changes that.
Across 138 countries and counting, our technology connects communities of global smartphone users to source actionable data in real-time, cost-effectively and with the visibility the world’s most innovative companies, governments and development organizations need.
With Premise, organizations win. And communities win, too. People can earn more from their opinions and discoveries. They can influence their cities for the better. And, unlike other data sourcing methods out there, they can do it all with full transparency that the data they’re gathering is going to an organization that values it…and values them.
Premise’s Global Operations team is looking for a UK-based associate/specialist to grow its Market Performance vertical. You will build a robust suite of syndicated data products serving customers across the retail, food and beverage, CPG, and related industries. In collaboration with colleagues across the company, this role will be responsible for designing and deploying tasks that speak to current and future customers’ needs, building a diverse and engaged network of mobile app users (contributors) across the United States, and drawing analytical insights to inform product and operational decisions. This role is perfect for a recent graduate or young professional enthusiastic about building a career in the market research or gig economy spaces.
This role is based full-time in London, and will require some international travel. When not traveling, candidates must be willing to work from the office 3+ days/week.
What You Will Do
- Own task development and deployment across the African continent (with possible geographic expansion) for a variety of consumer packaged goods (CPG) and related customers, partnering with Sales, Product/Engineering, and Operations teams.
- Work hand-in-hand with cross functional teams including Engineering, Product, Data Science, Data Solutions, and Business Operations to develop analytical resources to support both HQ and regional teams in monitoring data collection progress and vulnerabilities.
- Travel to international partner/customer sites to support hiring, training and management of local team and field operators. Support the integration of regional staff into broader Premise operations.
- Serve as HQ key point of contact for Africa field operations teams for everything regarding contributor feedback loops, quality control, and field logistics.
- Play a key role in developing the operational intellectual property as needed based on expansion into new Market Performance industries/verticals, lines of data collection, and field operations management.
- Partner with Product and Data Science to scope, build, test, and scale new features pertaining to task development, marketplace optimization, contributor engagement, and data modeling.
- Serve as UK office subject matter expert on Market Performance, informing Sales and Customer Success strategy and tactics.
What You Bring Along
- BA/BSc or equivalent experience. (At specialist level, 3-4 years of experience is required.)
- Demonstrated experience, including internships, in market research, CPG, retail, supply chain operations, international business, or related topics
- Proven examples of taking ownership and driving success in ambiguous settings
- Experience with data analysis and an aptitude for data-driven decision making
- Excellent communication skills, including polished written and cross-cultural communication
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Eagerness to embrace a wide spectrum of responsibilities and projects
- Passion for creating greater transparency in the world, particularly in emerging economies
- Passion for spreading mobile technology in the least connected corners of the world
- Relentless drive to listen, learn, and improve the world around you
- SQL experience and/or foreign language proficiency preferred but not required.
Premise In the News
- Premise Data Raises $85 Million To Transform Market Intelligence By Scaling Its Machine Learning And Human Intelligence Platform (PRNewswire)
- Forbes Recognizes Premise Data Among Best Startup Employers (Forbes)
- Premise Data Acquires Grupo Meiko to Accelerate Global Growth in Retail Measurement (Yahoo)
- Armed with smartphones, Colombians are taking on the local mozzies (The Economist)
- Majority in Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia on edge over food access (Al-Monitor)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Something looks off?