Spacecraft Test Engineer
Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and empower decision-makers with timely information and analytics. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger. Veterans are welcome!
We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
About the role
Capella Space is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Spacecraft Test Engineer to join our team. As a Spacecraft Test Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing test plans and procedures for spacecraft systems and components. You will work closely with the engineering team to ensure the successful integration and testing of spacecraft hardware and software.
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures for spacecraft systems and components
- Perform functional and performance testing of spacecraft hardware and software
- Analyze test data and provide recommendations for improvements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Conduct environmental testing to ensure spacecraft performance in various conditions
- Document test procedures and results
- Participate in design reviews and provide input on testability
- Maintain test equipment and facilities
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in spacecraft testing
- Adhere to safety and quality standards
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in spacecraft testing
- Strong knowledge of spacecraft systems and components
- Experience with test equipment and instrumentation
- Proficiency in test automation tools
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
Compensation Range: $90,700 - $136,100
Salaries will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills.
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Health Care, Dependent Care FSAs
- Commuter/Parking Flex Spending
- Flexible vacation policy
- In-office lunch program
- Dog friendly work environment