Customer Success Manager
Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of SAR satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll workin a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. No prior space experience is needed—we’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
About the Role
Reporting the Director of Customer Success, the Customer Success Manager is a key contributor to our team strategy and ensures its execution by supporting our global customers and Reseller Partner network. CSMs work with our customers to deliver world-class SAR imagery products through our self-service, proprietary Console system that allows customers to task Capella’s constellation and view / download imagery, or to integrate our data and data access systems into their existing workflows and platforms via API. You will be responsible for building long-term strategic relationships, providing best-in-class post-sales support, on-boarding and training, and delivering a customer experience that reflects Capella’s leadership in the Space industry. This includes serving as an internal advocate for customers, encouraging product adoption and maintaining high engagement with our customers and partners. This position is intended to cover an international territory and as such may require shifted working hours and weekend coverage.
- Be an advocate for the customer to ensure Capella delivers a stellar customer experience
- Be an expert on Capella’s product and services to deliver on Capella’s customer promise
- Onboard new customers and resellers effectively, ensuring that customers and resellers successfully adopt our platform and are trained on Capella product offerings.
- Achieve a deep understanding of customer workflows, align on their business objectives so that you can deliver tailored recommendations to drive ROI and a great customer experience
- Collaborate with the Sales teams and Resellers to create key account plans and execute an account service strategy to ensure repeat business. Assist customers to use and adopt imagery and analytic products they have purchased
- Proactively strengthen account relationships across your portfolio of customers to mitigate delivery risk and foster high customer satisfaction
- Communicate consistently with customers throughout the post-sales contract lifecycle, escalating important issues where needed based on actionable insights
- Collaborate with the Product, Marketing, and Sales teams to communicate new use cases, features, and functionality that will enhance the customer’s workflow and drive product adoption
- Participate in the evolution of our Support Desk and help resolve support tickets efficiently
- Create quarterly and yearly strategies and tactics to improve KPIs such as Net Promoter Score (NPS) and C-Sat (Customer Satisfaction)
- Strong and proven track record of successfully managing client service relationships or projects across international geographies
- Customer facing experience including onboarding, key account management, ongoing support, contract renewal, and prioritization across multiple internal and external stakeholders to meet requirements
- Experience collaborating with engineering and product teams to assess feasibility and support adoption of complex product features and capabilities, representing the voice of the customer
- Customer-centric mindset and experience translating customer requirements into priorities and clear direction for the product teams
- Excellent communication, writing, and cross-team collaboration skills
- Project management skills including milestone updates and delivery reporting
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done while delivering against quarterly and yearly business priorities
- Experience building Customer Success standard operating procedures and taking a continuous improvement mindset to problem solving
- Experience with remotely-sensed imagery and data products
- Experience in customer success or service with focus on international markets
- Min 5 years of experience in external customer focused roles
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in Geography, Satellite Technology, Imaging preferred; or an equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
SF: $110,200 - $165,200
CO: $88,200 - $132,200
Salaries will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills.
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Health Care, Dependent Care FSAs
- Commuter/Parking Flex Spending
- Flexible vacation policy
- In-office lunch program
- Dog friendly work environment