Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of SAR satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. No prior space experience is needed—we’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
About the Role
Capella Is looking for an energetic electrical hardware design engineer with experience in designing, testing, and troubleshooting prototype and flight systems down to the component level. This role will Include fully cycle PCBA design from requirements definition, schematic design, layout, bring-up, test, debug and integration into the system.
In this position you will be a key member of a small group of engineers responsible for designing the payload of the satellite. You will have great responsibility and autonomy to deliver a product from beginning to end.
Desired Qualifications (Not All Are Expected):
- 8+ years of experience designing, testing, and troubleshooting complex board designs and systems in a hardware R&D lab environment
- Understanding of hardware evaluation methodologies, including development of test cases/suites, performance analysis, test automation, and data analysis
- Experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, thermal chambers, and other test equipment
- Experience with I2C, SPI, PCIe, USB, etc
- Experience designing modern analog and digital electronics
- Knowledge of the PCBA fabrication and assembly process
- Experience in PCB layout of HDI designs
- Familiarity with Altium design tools or other similar electronic CAD tools
- Experience with designing high reliability systems is a bonus
- This position requires special access to conduct the work and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
$101,600.00 - $152,400.00
Salaries will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills.
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Health Care, Dependent Care FSAs
- Commuter/Parking Flex Spending
- Flexible vacation policy
- In-office lunch program
- Dog friendly work environment (SF)