Director, DOD/IC Sales
Sales & Business Development
Herndon, VA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
HawkEye 360 is seeking an accomplished sales professional to lead sales activities with the US Department of Defense (DOD) and Intelligence community (IC). Reporting to the Vice-President of USG Business Development and Sales, the Director of US DoD/IC sales is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive business plan to achieve HawkEye 360’s short- and long-range revenue targets for the US Defense and Intelligence Communities. Execution includes personally developing new customer accounts, driving account growth, and building, maintaining, and closing sales pipeline opportunities. This position offers growth opportunities for building and supervising a sales team as our business grows.Location: This position will be primarily on-site in HawkEye 360's Herndon, VA offices, with travel to local customer sites.
As the Director, DOD/IC Sales, your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop and manage an account pipeline to achieve bookings and revenue objectives.
- Identify, qualify, shape, and win strategically relevant business opportunities.
- Understand the customer’s mission; develop compelling high-impact solutions.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Build and execute account plans that drive sustainable business growth.
- Generate winning proposals and shape and respond to government procurement activities to include Requests for Information (RFI), Request for Proposals (RFP), Broad Area Announcements (BAA) and other tenders. Develop pricing models to support such activities.
- Execute the sales forecasting process to ensure accuracy of business results
- Monitor competitor sales, product and marketing activities; provide strategic inputs to company leadership on the company’s business, including product roadmap and pricing, given market activity.
- Represent the company at conferences, trade association meetings, and other activities as necessary, to promote the company and our products.
- Work collaboratively with across company functions including finance, legal, engineering and product to deliver targeted results.
- Reinforce by example the company’s commitment to its values, including integrity and compliance.
Education and experience:
- 7+ years of DoD/IC business development and sales experience.
- A demonstrated record of revenue generation success in the DoD/IC.
- Understanding of the DoD/IC acquisition lifecycle and preferred contract vehicles.
- Experience with DoD/IC data and analytics missions and needs
- Understanding of radio frequency (RF) technologies, data, DoD/IC applications.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technical capabilities to customer problems
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence others without formal authority.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; self-starter; accountable for delivering results.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Desired - Active Top Secret SCI Eligible
HawkEye 360 offers a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus, benefits, and stock options. We consider many factors when determining salary offers, such as candidate's work experience, education, training & skills, as well as market and business considerations. We are also open to considering candidates with experience and qualifications at a different level than required in a job posting, which may affect the compensation package offered.
HawkEye 360 is delivering a revolutionary source of global knowledge based on radio frequency (RF) geospatial analytics to those working to make the world a safer place. The company operates a commercial satellite constellation that detects, geolocates, and identifies a broad range of signals & behaviors. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our global customers with high-impact insights needed to make decisions with confidence. HawkEye 360 is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
HawkEye 360 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: HawkEye 360 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HawkEye 360 employees or any other organization location. HawkEye 360 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at HawkEye 360
Something looks off?