Embedded Software Engineer
HawkEye 360 is currently seeking an to join the Space Team. The mission of the Space Team is to build, test, launch, operate and maintain a constellation of small commercial satellites. This group is also responsible for building and operating a segment of groundstations to provide communications with these satellites. Satellite clusters and ground segments provide the platform for RF data collection that is essential to HawkEye’s core business.HawkEye 360 is looking for a candidate with good technical leadership and problem-solving skills, who is creative and has a passion for working with and developing new innovative technology.
As the Embedded Software Engineer, your main responsibilities will be:
- Implement new flight and ground software applications on several embedded devices, including ARM processors and 8051 microprocessors.
- Build, document, and support software tests and tools for production deployments using Gitlab CI, python, C and C++.
- Maintain existing flight and ground software for our growing fleet of Low Earth Orbit spacecraft.
- Support and improve on the open-embedded Linux environment we run on our payload computers.
Search for new innovative embedded software solutions that can enhance our RF collection platform.
- Take a hands-on role with assembly, integration and test of our spacecraft hardware, and operation of the spacecraft.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience with testing and debugging electronics, including printed circuit boards and sub-assemblies.
- Proficiency working with electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and printed circuit board layout.
- Substantial experience developing software for embedded platforms in C, C++, and Python.
- Substantial experience with embedded Linux, and bare metal microprocessors.
- Some experience working with FPGAs, at least to the extent of writing software the interacts with programmable logic.
- Substantial experience with version control, such as git.
- A passion for completing a job well - attention to detail.
- A good attitude and team-oriented spirit.
- Experience in the Space industry especially with small satellites.[TD1]
- Experience with the ZynqMP series of Xilinx SoCs.
- Experience with 8051 microprocessors.
- Experience with Software Defined Radio.
- Experience with Analog Devices Radio-verse transceiver products.
- Knowledge of RF concepts such as modulation, I/Q data, etc.
HawkEye 360 offers a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus and benefits. We consider many factors when determining salary offers, such as candidate's work experience, education, training & skills, as well as market and business considerations. We are also open to considering candidates with experience and qualifications at a different level than required in a job posting, which may affect the compensation package offered.
HawkEye 360 is delivering a revolutionary source of global knowledge based on radio frequency (RF) geospatial analytics to those working to make the world a safer place. The company operates a commercial satellite constellation that detects, geolocates, and identifies a broad range of signals & behaviors. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our global customers with high-impact insights needed to make decisions with confidence. HawkEye 360 is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
HawkEye 360 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: HawkEye 360 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HawkEye 360 employees or any other organization location. HawkEye 360 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.