Junior Data Scientist
The Junior Data Scientist will be responsible for supporting the development of the next generation of AI solutions at Hawkeye 360. They will focus on areas of analytics exploration which will separate HawkEye 360 from the field of competitors. They will harness the power of AI,Machine Learning and Hawkeye 360’s unique RF data to improve maritime domain situational awareness, further boosting HawkEye 360’s dominance in this market.
The right candidate must be a creative problem solver who can look beyond the data to see underlying trends and patterns. They will need to leverage their knowledge of statistics, machine learning, and AI to create effective solutions to tackle real-world problems. The candidate will also need to leverage multiple data modalities to create solutions, so a good understanding of combining different data sources is key. Additionally, they will collaborate with engineering to transition R&D analytical solutions to production level code, integrating these solutions into existing pipelines.As the Junior Data Scientist, your main responsibilities will be:
- Expand the scope of existing analytics products by leveraging new cutting-edge AI/ML algorithms and by integrating new data sources
- Monitor and evaluate the real-time performance of AI/ML algorithms using statistical techniques
- Collaborate in maintaining the Machine Learning operations and devops infrastructure, ensuring smooth functioning of data science workflows
- Engage in code cleanup and refactoring of existing algorithms to enhance efficiency, readability, and maintainability
- Develop unit and integration tests for current algorithms, contributing to a robust testing framework that ensures algorithmic reliability
- Create comprehensive documentation outlining the architecture and setup of the infrastructure, facilitating better understanding and knowledge sharing
- Clearly communicate work and findings to the rest of the group and company at large
Education and experience:
- BS in computer science, engineering, or related quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with common Data Science Libraries such as Pandas, Matplotlib, and scikit-learn
- Experience with at least one machine learning framework such as: PyTorch, TensorFlow, or R
- Experience working in development teams and using git
- Can solve programing problems related to data structures, recursion, search/sort, and regular expressions
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Clear and effective means of communication
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-starter mentality
- Knowledgeable in graph theory, graph neural networks, and graph platforms such as Neo4j
- Experience using popular deep learning libraries such as PyTorch
- Experience with the AWS stack
- Background in Math, Physics, Engineering, Signal Processing, geo-spatial and/or RF technologies
- Master’s degree in relevant field
HawkEye 360 offers a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus, stock options, and benefits. We consider many factors when determining salary offers, such as candidate's work experience, education, training & skills, as well as market and business considerations. We are also open to considering candidates with experience and qualifications at a different level than required in a job posting, which may affect the compensation package offered.
HawkEye 360 is delivering a revolutionary source of global knowledge based on radio frequency (RF) geospatial analytics to those working to make the world a safer place. The company operates a commercial satellite constellation that detects, geolocates, and identifies a broad range of signals & behaviors. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our global customers with high-impact insights needed to make decisions with confidence. HawkEye 360 is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
HawkEye 360 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: HawkEye 360 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HawkEye 360 employees or any other organization location. HawkEye 360 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.