Product Manager, Applications
HawkEye 360 is seeking a motivated and technically proficient Applications Product Manager to join the Product and Technology team. As the Applications Product Manager at HawkEye 360, your role will be to oversee the development and maintenance of multiple application offerings utilizing the full breadth of HawkEye’s current product lines. You will work closely across design, intelligence engineering, system engineering, and business development/sales to generate compelling subscription offerings that function as scalable solutions to answer critical requirements across the globe ranging from Defense to Maritime Domain Awareness (MDA).As the Product Manager, Applications, your main responsibilities will be:
- Evaluation and prioritization of new product ideas through market research with both existing customers and non-customers; owning development of new business models in order to enable expansion into new markets and repositioning within existing footholds.
- Facilitating cross-functional engineering initiatives; tying together disparate development efforts and products into unified offerings that improve scalability and answer customer requirements in an efficient manner.
- Justifying priority calls for engineering resources needed to bring intended solutions to market within planned rollout timelines.
- Interacting with customers, program managers, salespersons, and other stakeholders to gain a comprehensive understanding of the problem areas that HawkEye’s capabilities are best suited to answer.
- Determining staffing and architectural investments required to bring product proposals from ideation to fully-fledged productized offerings.
- Building and maintaining understanding of the competitive space to formulate best approaches and advise company decision makers on make vs. buy, and partnering considerations.
- Collaborating with marketing to plan appropriate release campaigns and customer facing documentation in support of application offerings.
Essential education and experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years as a product manager, software developer, application engineer, sales solutions, or equivalent; prior developer-facing, technical role that required facilitating cross-functional efforts to rollout new capabilities addressing customer needs.
- Experience generating business case and requirements documentation necessary to guide and execute on technically complex integration efforts that service multiple customers’ needs
- Experience interfacing with both internal and external engineers, analysts, and end-users to build a high level of conviction on proposed offerings likelihood for successful adoption.
- Ability to generate a technically feasible roadmap utilizing inputs from multiple engineering resource pools.
- Ability to define product requirements for complex systems, and accurately resource plan to see product development through full lifecycle.
- Strong technical communication skills; responsiveness to customer and internal stakeholder requests for information and ability to handle technical writing requirements with support from applicable subject matter experts.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills; able to serve as a user-friendly representative of the team when interacting with developers, cross-functional managers, and partners in order to overcome reluctance when encountered
- Demonstrated experience contributing to the entire lifecycle of a customer-facing data application or subscription offering.
- Subject matter expertise in Radio Frequency (RF) geolocation products, Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) or Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Space-based data collection, Intelligence Analysis, or some combination thereof.
- Experience designing, developing, and operating intelligence analysis applications.
- Entrepreneurial background: Prior experience building technical products or businesses from scratch; active side projects; passion for the startup environment; etc
- Top Secret Clearance
HawkEye 360 offers a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus and benefits. We consider many factors when determining salary offers, such as candidate's work experience, education, training & skills, as well as market and business considerations. We are also open to considering candidates with experience and qualifications at a different level than required in a job posting, which may affect the compensation package offered.
HawkEye 360 is delivering a revolutionary source of global knowledge based on radio frequency (RF) geospatial analytics to those working to make the world a safer place. The company operates a commercial satellite constellation that detects, geolocates, and identifies a broad range of signals & behaviors. We employ cutting edge AI techniques to equip our global customers with high-impact insights needed to make decisions with confidence. HawkEye 360 is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
HawkEye 360 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: HawkEye 360 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HawkEye 360 employees or any other organization location. HawkEye 360 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.