Senior Director, Technical Services
About the role
The Sr. Director, Technical Services, will report directly to the CEO and will oversee Mezmo’s Go-To-Market Technical Field Team (Sales Engineers, Technical Consultants/SAs, & CSMs). This role will be responsible for the vision, implementation & execution of our GTM technical journey - from the pre-sales motion that attains new customers to the post sales motion that drives customer outcomes for retention and expansion. The Sr. Director, Technical Services, will partner closely with Sales Leadership to define and implement a GTM lifecycle (customer acquisition & customer retention/expansion) that accelerates our growth in the market.
The Sr. Director, Technical Services, will work closely with the other teams (Product, Marketing, Engineering) in representing the market needs as well as driving the internal GTM needs to ensure Mezmo is able to achieve rapid market traction. They will also work closely with the exec team in evolving the company strategy.
- Oversee and develop a winning Go-To-Market technical team & practice, including Pre-Sales, Customer Success, and Solution Architecture.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing and product teams to align sales strategies with product enhancements and market trends, while ensuring customer success and satisfaction.
- Develop and execute strategic sales plans to achieve company objectives and revenue targets, leveraging the technical expertise of the Solution Engineering team to drive successful customer outcomes.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key clients, understanding their needs and ensuring Mezmo’s solutions meet and exceed their expectations with the support of the Customer Success team.
- Identify new business opportunities and potential partnerships to expand Mezmo's market presence, utilizing the technical insights provided by the Solution Engineering team to drive sales initiatives.
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities, and customer feedback to proactively adjust sales strategies and ensure Mezmo's competitive edge.
- Drive the development of compelling sales pitches and presentations, leveraging the technical expertise of the Solution Engineering team to tailor solutions to various client segments and industries.
- Represent Mezmo at industry events, conferences, and networking opportunities to promote the brand and cultivate new business relationships.
- 10+ years of technical pre-sales experience with at least 2-3+ years experience of pre-sales people management.
- Proven experience in building and leading technical field teams in driving new and expansion sales, driving software adoption and leveraging customer success best practices.
- A growth mentality with the instinct to be creative and collaboratively problem-solve.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, while maintaining a high sense of urgency.
- Broad industry knowledge pertaining to cloud infrastructure, software development and open source software.
- Strong personal motivation to meet and exceed measurable performance goals.
- Direct hands-on experience, or working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure or other modern cloud native technologies and platforms.
- Prior experience at a SaaS or Open Source vendor.
- Prior experience with monitoring or observability tools.
This role has an annual starting salary range of $297,000 - $374,000 (70/30 split) + equity + benefits. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to your individual skills, experience and location.
Mezmo has helped some of the world’s most innovative companies transform how they manage their systems and applications. Still, we know that we can help them get more value from their observability data by providing more flexibility and control over how they use it. This will enable teams to spend less time switching between data silos so they can focus on shipping better, more resilient, and secure products.
We have momentum on our side. Last year we saw triple digit revenue growth and added 800 new customers to our roster. Recent accolades include being named to YC’s Top Companies, CRN’s 10 Hottest DevOps Startups, and EMA’s Top 3 Observability Platforms.
What it’s like to work at Mezmo
At Mezmo, our culture is everything. We have an inclusive, collaborative, and fulfilling work environment so that our teammates can tackle some of technology’s biggest challenges. We hold the prestigious Great Place to Work badge and have won the Fortune Best Small and Medium Workplace award for the last two years in a row. Join us if you:
- Want to solve hard problems.
- Want to enable Mezmo’s customers, partners, and community to be highly productive and successful.
- Thrive in collaborative, cross-functional environments.
- Enjoy jumping in where needed to help the whole company succeed.
- Take your role, but not yourself, seriously. At Mezmo, we know that pride, humility, and kindness are not mutually exclusive.
- Receive competitive compensation.
- Receive competitive benefits, including:
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- 100% dental coverage for you and your family.
- 100% vision coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible time off. Work-life balance is valued here and we encourage you to take the opportunity to recharge.
- One company-wide mental health day off per month in addition to all nationally recognized holidays.
- $600 annual remote work expense reimbursement in addition to hardware setup provided by the company.
This is a full-time remote opportunity. Mezmo is a remote-first company that was born in the San Francisco Bay Area and now has employees in 71 cities in North America and 8 countries worldwide. Learn more about our culture and how we stay connected on our website.