Staff Machine Learning Engineer
We all know every decision should be driven by data. But what about the data you don’t know? For years, the status quo in data aggregation has lacked visibility, moved slowly, and cost too much…leaving organizations to make critical decisions, day after day, without the whole picture. Premise changes that.
Across 138 countries and counting, our technology connects communities of global smartphone users to source actionable data in real-time, cost-effectively and with the visibility the world’s most innovative companies, governments and development organizations need.
With Premise, organizations win. And communities win, too. People can earn more from their opinions and discoveries. They can influence their cities for the better. And, unlike other data sourcing methods out there, they can do it all with full transparency that the data they’re gathering is going to an organization that values it…and values them.
Premise is grown and we are looking to add a Staff Machine Learning Engineer (MLE) to the team. As part of the Data Foundations team, you will design, develop and maintain machine learning pipelines with our Data Scientists; standardize and improve our machine learning operations (MLOps); work to shorten the time between model development and deployment; and generally build infrastructure to help our Data Scientists focus on modeling rather than engineering. Our team works across the company by collaborating with diverse teams of engineers, data scientists, data analysts, and program managers.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with our data scientists to architect, design, and standardize our machine learning pipelines and operations
- Standardize our ML tooling and operations in a cloud environment
- Optimize and scale our geospatial, computer vision, and natural language processing models (we work on a bit of everything)
- Automate our operations to shorten the time between development and deployment
- Evangelize MLOps and MLE best practices throughout the organization to help make ML central to our processes and decision making processes
- Increase the observability and monitoring of our ML pipelines
- Write optimized, testable, and maintainable Python code
What You Bring Along
- Passion for learning and sharing knowledge with the team around you.
- Professional experience in a data-oriented, software engineering role.
- Advanced proficiency with Python and associated packages for numerical analysis.
- Strong SQL skills, including designing and optimizing database queries and indexing.
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, etc. or equivalent work experience & analytical skills.
- Experience with Kubernetes and / or Google Cloud Platform.
- Test driven development
- Passionate about building and developing a world class engineering culture. You are humble and drive positivity.
Premise In the News
- Premise Data Raises $85 Million To Transform Market Intelligence By Scaling Its Machine Learning And Human Intelligence Platform (PRNewswire)
- Forbes Recognizes Premise Data Among Best Startup Employers (Forbes)
- Premise Data Acquires Grupo Meiko to Accelerate Global Growth in Retail Measurement (Yahoo)
- Armed with smartphones, Colombians are taking on the local mozzies (The Economist)
- Majority in Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia on edge over food access (Al-Monitor)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.