Public Relations Director
We all know every decision should be driven by data. But what about the data you don’t know? For years, the status quo in data aggregation has lacked visibility, moved slowly, and cost too much…leaving organizations to make critical decisions, day after day, without the whole picture. Premise changes that.
Across 138 countries and counting, our technology connects communities of global smartphone users to source actionable data in real-time, cost-effectively and with the visibility the world’s most innovative companies, governments and development organizations need.
With Premise, organizations win. And communities win, too. People can earn more from their opinions and discoveries. They can influence their cities for the better. And, unlike other data sourcing methods out there, they can do it all with full transparency that the data they’re gathering is going to an organization that values it…and values them.
Premise is growing, and we are looking to add a Sr. Communications Manager to our high performing team. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, well-connected, and experienced public relations professional who can drive B2B and B2C communications programs. We are looking for someone who possesses extensive media relations experience, a deep understanding of media and B2B SAAS, excellent writing skills, and is an expert at translating complex technology concepts into broadly digestible stories.
***This is an onsite position based out of our NYC or San Francisco office.
What You Will Do
- Define, develop, and oversee end-to-end execution of PR strategy and programs to drive awareness for Premise
- Ensure representation of expanding data aggregation capabilities
- Manage sensitive reputational issues with internal stakeholders and members of the media
- Protect sensitive competitive, technical, and business confidential information
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key journalists and other influencers in technology, international development, and business press
- Collaborate with senior leadership to influence strategy and negotiate decisions in relation to product issues, announcements, and messaging
- Work cross-functionally to plan and execute PR campaigns
- Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionals
- Support development and execution of events and media engagements
What You Bring Along
- 5+ years of in-house B2B public relations/communications experience at a tech company
- Well-developed and maintained media relationships and a solid understanding of communications for startups
- Experience with data-storytelling and Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience in media relations, pitching, and content creation
- Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to monitor and analyze industry news and trends
- A knack for taking content and creating engaging and thought-provoking stories and thought leadership that influences industries/buyers
- Experience cross-collaborating with stakeholders and C-level executives
What You Get
- Competitive compensation and 401k plans
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision coverage for you and your family
- Access to Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Savings Accounts
- Generous PTO + paid holidays
- Opportunities for equity shares
- Dependent-care Flexible Spending Accounts, plus Carrot Fertility benefits with coverage of $15,000
- Commuter transit and parking subsidies
- Daily lunch and snacks on-site
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range is between $150,000-$175,000, which may consist of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission or Base Salary plus a Bonus, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future.
Premise In the News
- Premise Data Raises $85 Million To Transform Market Intelligence By Scaling Its Machine Learning And Human Intelligence Platform (PRNewswire)
- Forbes Recognizes Premise Data Among Best Startup Employers (Forbes)
- Premise Data Acquires Grupo Meiko to Accelerate Global Growth in Retail Measurement (Yahoo)
- Armed with smartphones, Colombians are taking on the local mozzies (The Economist)
- Majority in Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia on edge over food access (Al-Monitor)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.