Data Operations Manager
We all know every decision should be driven by data. But what about the data you don’t know? For years, the status quo in data aggregation has lacked visibility, moved slowly, and cost too much…leaving organizations to make critical decisions, day after day, without the whole picture. Premise changes that.
Across 138 countries and counting, our technology connects communities of global smartphone users to source actionable data in real-time, cost-effectively and with the visibility the world’s most innovative companies, governments and development organizations need.
With Premise, organizations win. And communities win, too. People can earn more from their opinions and discoveries. They can influence their cities for the better. And, unlike other data sourcing methods out there, they can do it all with full transparency that the data they’re gathering is going to an organization that values it…and values them.
Premise is growing, and we are looking to add a Data Operations Manager to support the streamlining of our operations regarding data, analytics, and reporting specifically around our market performance system (MPS) for market research. This role is both operationally and analytically focused so attention to detail is a key prerequisite. This position will work across various groups including operations, customer success, analytics, engineering, and data science as well as others to ensure that our data is of highest quality so it may be used for both our internal and our clients' reporting and analytics needs. The Data Operations Manager must be comfortable operating in a fast-paced, ever-growing environment and evolving as the needs of the business change.
***This is an onsite position based out of our Bogota, Colombia office.
What You Will Do
- Oversee, monitor, and govern the quality of the data in our data platform that is used downstream for reporting and analytics purposes both internally and by our clients
- Act as the data platform SME within the MPS team and guide them in decision making based upon platform requirements
- Assist various teams with data management tasks to ensure they are done consistently across all teams
- Participate in meetings with sales teams to understand the various aspects of MPS collection
- Review data quality and data governance reports and work with various teams and stakeholders to address and remediate data issues that will arise
- Communicate and follow up with partners on expected data deliverables and escalate as needed
- Collaborate with the engineering and data science teams to develop new data quality alerts and process improvements
What You Bring Along
- Minimum BS Degree, MS Degree is a plus
- Willing to come into our Bogota Office
- Proficient in English and Spanish
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Data & Operations
- Working experience as a Data Engineer
- Expertise in SQL, Python, Excel, and visualization tools
- Experience in ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience in GCP, Looker, Big Query a plus!
Premise In the News
- Premise Data Raises $85 Million To Transform Market Intelligence By Scaling Its Machine Learning And Human Intelligence Platform (PRNewswire)
- Forbes Recognizes Premise Data Among Best Startup Employers (Forbes)
- Premise Data Acquires Grupo Meiko to Accelerate Global Growth in Retail Measurement (Yahoo)
- Armed with smartphones, Colombians are taking on the local mozzies (The Economist)
- Majority in Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia on edge over food access (Al-Monitor)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Something looks off?