Business Development Representative- International Development
We all know every decision should be driven by data. But what about the data you don’t know? For years, the status quo in data aggregation has lacked visibility, moved slowly, and cost too much…leaving organizations to make critical decisions, day after day, without the whole picture. Premise changes that.
Across 138 countries and counting, our technology connects communities of global smartphone users to source actionable data in real-time, cost-effectively and with the visibility the world’s most innovative companies, governments and development organizations need.
With Premise, organizations win. And communities win, too. People can earn more from their opinions and discoveries. They can influence their cities for the better. And, unlike other data sourcing methods out there, they can do it all with full transparency that the data they’re gathering is going to an organization that values it…and values them.
We’re hiring a Business Development Representative for our International Development team who will help generate and qualify new business leads. Premise is unlike any other company in the international development industry - a venture-funded technology firm seeking to disrupt remote data collection and analytics. We’re looking for an ambitious risk-taker who loves to be challenged, relishes the idea of helping build a different kind of development organization, and believes in the power of data to improve outcomes. Sales Development Representatives at Premise help generate and qualify new leads at international development funding agencies and implementing partners and pass them to a Business Development Executive. By doing this, you will help expand our reach into the mainstream portion of the international development market and solidify our role as the go-to provider of remote data collection and analytics. The position tracks into the Business Development Executive position and gives you an opportunity to learn how to do that job over time
This role is based full-time out of our Bogota, Colombia office.
What You Will Do
- Develop new business via email and social media to educate the prospect, introduce our solution, and identify appropriate buyers within the target market. You will focus on field-based project staff and home office-based new business staff at international development implementing partners and funding agencies.
- Follow up on inbound marketing leads and outbound prospects through a strategic touch plan to generate additional interest in Premise Data and qualify for a potential opportunity
- Conduct research to identify potential opportunities and understand the challenges our customers and prospects face with regards to data collection.
- Conduct initial qualification and determine the prospect's current environment, pain points, and challenges.
- Identify key buying influencers within these prospects to determine budget and timeline.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Work with the key sales drivers to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet annual revenue goals
- Use Salesforce CRM to track all sales activities properly and manage contact/lead data for accuracy
- Communicate and work with sales executives to build out a strategic territory plan
What You Bring Along
- Proven ability to research International Development opportunities, build pipelines and present them to leadership
- Experience identifying key stakeholders and decision makers within International Development implementing partners and funding agencies
- Ability to uncover incumbent contract information to better understand competitive landscape
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills as a good time manager and effective multi-tasker
- Superior complex problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Proven ability to be a self-starter who can operate in the absence of clear direction
- You have some sales experience and are familiar with Salesforce or another CRM.
- You have working proficiency in French or English and are comfortable taking phone calls in that language.
- You have experience in varsity or collegiate sports or another area that demonstrates your competitive nature.
Premise In the News
- Premise Data Raises $85 Million To Transform Market Intelligence By Scaling Its Machine Learning And Human Intelligence Platform (PRNewswire)
- Forbes Recognizes Premise Data Among Best Startup Employers (Forbes)
- Premise Data Acquires Grupo Meiko to Accelerate Global Growth in Retail Measurement (Yahoo)
- Armed with smartphones, Colombians are taking on the local mozzies (The Economist)
- Majority in Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia on edge over food access (Al-Monitor)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.