Business Development Director
We all know every decision should be driven by data. But what about the data you don’t know? For years, the status quo in data aggregation has lacked visibility, moved slowly, and cost too much…leaving organizations to make critical decisions, day after day, without the whole picture. Premise changes that.
Across 138 countries and counting, our technology connects communities of global smartphone users to source actionable data in real-time, cost-effectively and with the visibility the world’s most innovative companies, governments and development organizations need.
With Premise, organizations win. And communities win, too. People can earn more from their opinions and discoveries. They can influence their cities for the better. And, unlike other data sourcing methods out there, they can do it all with full transparency that the data they’re gathering is going to an organization that values it…and values them.
Premise is growing, and we are looking to add a Business Development Director to our high performing Commercial Sales team in our London office. This person will be responsible for leading our UK & EMEA Commercial Sales Teams selling our industry leading In-Store-Insights and Market Performance Systems solutions to the world’s leading consumer packaged goods companies.
We are looking for an experienced, well-networked and ambitious sales leader to guide (and drive) our team of enthusiastic, capable and diligent Business Development Executives to exceed their revenue goals.
When you join our team, you will enter a diverse and inclusive environment made up of driven and talented people at the top of their game. We’re here to make a positive impact on the world and each other, working as one to democratise the way data is sourced and leveraged.
***This is an onsite position based out of our office in London.
What You Will Do
- Lead the UK Commercial Sales team of Business Development Executives, Sales Development Representatives, Solutions Consultants and Marketing professionals.
- Develop consistent ‘Ways of Selling’ and ‘Ways of Working’ best practices that enable the sales team to operate more efficiently throughout sales pipeline
- Lead efforts to get Premise’s revolutionary Traditional Trade Market Measurement capability in the hands of top FMCGs.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to help shape product development and ensure we can continue to provide truly disruptive and valuable software solutions and insights to our customers.
- Bring your own ‘black-book’ to bear in support of your sales goals, introducing Premise to key customer leadership profiles in the Market Measurement, Marketing, Sales, Tradr Marketing, Insights and other Senior Leadership teams of the world’s leading Consumer Packaged Goods companies, particularly among those headquarters in London.
- Help to define individual learning and development plans to continuously improve the capabilities and performance of sales team
- Collaborate and provide direction to our Inside Sales team on effective messaging, working with them to target prospects in defined and well-orchestrated outreach campaigns.
- Facilitate discovery sessions with clients to gain understanding for their environment and to present value based solutions.
- Perpetually seek out new opportunities where we can focus Premise’s technology to solve problems and to generate value in the market.
- Collaborate with our GTM, Revenue Ops, Product and Marketing team to develop the messaging and positioning that will resonate with buyers.
- Act as the ‘voice of the customer’ to our product teams, setting clear and consistent priorities for the development of our capabilities.
What You Bring Along
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in business development or sales into top FMCGs accounts at leadership levels
- Deep understanding of market measurement and the complexities of interpreting and taking action upon market share readings among multiple stakeholders within a FMCG manufacturer.
- Demonstrable experience of training, developing and enabling sales teams to succeed.
- Familiarity with Traditional Trade channels.
- Proven track record of successfully identifying and pursuing new business opportunities.
- Demonstrable experience selling SaaS technology products.
- Strong relationships with market performance / market measurement leadership among top FMCGs headquartered in Greater London.
- Professional experience in, or selling into, emerging markets.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience leading and managing teams in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience with top sales admin tools including Salesforce and ZoomInfo.
- Demonstrable success in scaling B2B technology businesses from $10m - $100m ARR.
- Fluent in French, Spanish, Arabic or Hindi.
What You Get
- Competitive compensation and pension scheme.
- Significant commission bonus on top of your base salary.
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Access to Private Medical Insurance that covers Mental Health Support, Travel Insurance.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Opportunities for equity shares.
- Access to Carrot Fertility benefits.
- Free lunch in the Office!
Premise In the News
- Premise Data Raises $85 Million To Transform Market Intelligence By Scaling Its Machine Learning And Human Intelligence Platform (PRNewswire)
- Forbes Recognizes Premise Data Among Best Startup Employers (Forbes)
- Premise Data Acquires Grupo Meiko to Accelerate Global Growth in Retail Measurement (Yahoo)
- Armed with smartphones, Colombians are taking on the local mozzies (The Economist)
- Majority in Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia on edge over food access (Al-Monitor)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Something looks off?