We all know every decision should be driven by data. But what about the data you don’t know? For years, the status quo in data aggregation has lacked visibility, moved slowly, and cost too much…leaving organizations to make critical decisions, day after day, without the whole picture. Premise changes that.
Across 138 countries and counting, our technology connects communities of global smartphone users to source actionable data in real-time, cost-effectively and with the visibility the world’s most innovative companies, governments and development organizations need.
With Premise, organizations win. And communities win, too. People can earn more from their opinions and discoveries. They can influence their cities for the better. And, unlike other data sourcing methods out there, they can do it all with full transparency that the data they’re gathering is going to an organization that values it…and values them.
Premise is growing, and we are looking to add a SOC Analyst to our high performing Information Security team. In this position you’ll use your skills to work on platforms that enhance security and improve controls, and ensure Premise’s environment is secure by responding to and investigating incidents. You will collaborate with engineers, technology, and operations teams to ensure our products and platforms are engineered securely.
***This is an onsite position based out of our Bogota, Colombia office.
What You Will Do
- Respond to security alerts and events, being the first line of cyber defense
- Triage security alerts across different security tooling in the Premise environment
- Investigate and remediate security events and incidents
- Improve security monitoring, prevention, and detection technologies
- Work with software engineers across different teams to re-engineer technologies to have security in mind
- Integrate and correlate alerts, events, and logs from different tools to improve security detection and visibility
- Work on a cloud first custom security solution, built in Google Cloud
- Support incident response activities
- Ensure Premise’s account security for critical applications by reviewing access and reviewing and improving security controls
- Take action on security findings and vulnerabilities by working with engineers to ensure resources are configured and patched correctly
- Ensure cloud resources are securely configured with least privileged access controls
- Improve the security controls of critical SaaS and engineering applications (e.g., Google Workspace, Google Cloud, Github)
What You Bring Along
- English language comprehension (reading, writing, speaking)
- 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Hands on experience in security operations and response activities
- Experience with Google Cloud or another cloud vendor
- Experience in security technologies like EDR, firewalls, DLP, IDS/IPS, DDoS, key management, IAM, VPC, proxies, etc.
- Experience in Identity and Access Management, access reviews, and ensuring users and resources have least privileged access
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ticket or alert handling experience in security tools (e.g., SIEM) or ITSM tool (e.g., Atlassian JIRA)
- Security engineering experience
- Cloud certifications
- Cyber security certifications
Premise In the News
- Premise Data Raises $85 Million To Transform Market Intelligence By Scaling Its Machine Learning And Human Intelligence Platform (PRNewswire)
- Forbes Recognizes Premise Data Among Best Startup Employers (Forbes)
- Premise Data Acquires Grupo Meiko to Accelerate Global Growth in Retail Measurement (Yahoo)
- Armed with smartphones, Colombians are taking on the local mozzies (The Economist)
- Majority in Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia on edge over food access (Al-Monitor)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.