Business Development Director, Public Sector
We all know every decision should be driven by data. But what about the data you don’t know? For years, the status quo in data aggregation has lacked visibility, moved slowly, and cost too much…leaving organizations to make critical decisions, day after day, without the whole picture. Premise changes that.
Across 138 countries and counting, our technology connects communities of global smartphone users to source actionable data in real-time, cost-effectively and with the visibility the world’s most innovative companies, governments and development organizations need.
With Premise, organizations win. And communities win, too. People can earn more from their opinions and discoveries. They can influence their cities for the better. And, unlike other data sourcing methods out there, they can do it all with full transparency that the data they’re gathering is going to an organization that values it…and values them.
Premise is seeking an experienced business development professional to help aggressively grow its public sector portfolio, specifically within the U.S. Interagency, in 2023 and beyond. Premise seeks to expand its customer reach into Federal Civilian organizations and agencies. Ideal candidates will have experience in software and/or geospatial product sales to customers from multiple government departments and agencies. You will be a key driver to expand our reach across the public sector market and solidify our role as the go-to provider of remote data collection and analytics. Premise offers competitive compensation packages and equity in a rapidly growing business.
***This is an onsite position based out of our office in Washington, DC.
What You Will Do
- Drive the increase in use of remote data collection and analytics software in the public sector industry
- Lead the development of business development and sales pipeline for use of Premise across the federal interagency market
- Build, maintain and expand relationships with end users, contracting officers and funding agencies
- Instruct potential clients how Premise’s software works and can add value to their programs
- Map clients’ needs to the appropriate Premise software product and support offerings
- Guide clients through a structure sales process that results in their purchase of Premise on our terms
- Help develop strategic partnerships and with funding agencies and implementing partners
- Provide ongoing feedback to Premise’s product development, software engineering, and data science teams based on your interactions with customers and industry knowledge
- Act as an evangelist for data-driven public sector development
- Identify customer visualization and best use products for communication to the Customer Service Operations
What You Bring Along
- BA/BS from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years full-time experience in Business Development in the Public Sector industry
- Familiarity and background with Federal Civilian customers and geospatial data.
- Proven background in mapping out sales strategy with a variety of proposals, presentations and pitches.
- Highly experienced at navigating organization(s) to identify stakeholders and develop contact list as key decision makers
- Demonstrated success developing strategic, trusted partner relationships with leading tech companies
- Experience reporting on pipeline growth and sales forecast in accordance with targets set by sales leadership.
- Ability to operate with minimal direction in a fast-paced sales organization.
- Superior negotiation and influencing ability
- Both excellent written and verbal communication skills, paired with technical literacy
- USG Security Clearance.
- Experience partnering with internal teams (Sales, Marketing, Finance) to develop market strategy
- Experience within the data marketing or data collection industry
- Familiarity with the software and geospatial industries
- Previous USG experience and/or experience living or working abroad.
What You Get
- Competitive compensation and 401k plans
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision coverage for you and your family
- Access to Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Savings Accounts
- Generous PTO + paid holidays
- Opportunities for equity shares
- Dependent-care Flexible Spending Accounts, plus Carrot Fertility benefits with coverage of $15,000
- Commuter transit and parking subsidies
- Daily lunch and snacks on-site
Premise In the News
- Premise Data Raises $85 Million To Transform Market Intelligence By Scaling Its Machine Learning And Human Intelligence Platform (PRNewswire)
- Forbes Recognizes Premise Data Among Best Startup Employers (Forbes)
- Premise Data Acquires Grupo Meiko to Accelerate Global Growth in Retail Measurement (Yahoo)
- Armed with smartphones, Colombians are taking on the local mozzies (The Economist)
- Majority in Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia on edge over food access (Al-Monitor)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.