Staff Software Engineer
We all know every decision should be driven by data. But what about the data you don’t know? For years, the status quo in data aggregation has lacked visibility, moved slowly, and cost too much…leaving organizations to make critical decisions, day after day, without the whole picture. Premise changes that.
Across 138 countries and counting, our technology connects communities of global smartphone users to source actionable data in real-time, cost-effectively and with the visibility the world’s most innovative companies, governments and development organizations need.
With Premise, organizations win. And communities win, too. People can earn more from their opinions and discoveries. They can influence their cities for the better. And, unlike other data sourcing methods out there, they can do it all with full transparency that the data they’re gathering is going to an organization that values it…and values them.
Premise is experiencing growth and is seeking a talented Staff-Level Full-Stack Software Engineer to build customer-facing products for a diverse range of problems across all of Premise. Your responsibilities will include building end-to-end solutions from scratch as well as contributing to existing platforms for both the frontend and backend aspects of our organization. Working in a dynamic environment, you will engage with diverse professionals, including engineers, data scientists, data analysts, and program managers. At Premise, we value engineers who are passionate about technology, have a hunger for learning, excel at solving complex problems, and possess the ability to build secure, lightweight, and scalable systems and services. Continual self-improvement and a focus on team growth are core qualities we seek.
***This is a hybrid position that is based out of our Washington, DC office.
What You Will Do
- Architect, design, and develop high-quality software solutions for both frontend and backend aspects of our customer-facing products
- Build new machine-learning products that will revolutionize our ability to serve meaningful data to our customers
- Implement software solutions by following best practices and design principles from both code and architecture design perspectives
- Drive continuous improvement by staying up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies
- Support and mentor other engineers, helping them grow and advance in their career paths
- Conduct thorough and regular testing to uphold code quality
- Foster cross-team collaboration by closely working with Technical Leads throughout the organization to develop and implement resilient solutions.
What You Bring Along
- 8+ years in software development
- Advanced experience working with cloud computing technologies (such as AWS or GCP)
- Advanced proficiency with data structures, algorithms, and distributed computing
- Advanced proficiency in working with backend development languages (such as Node.js, Python, and Java)
- Familiar with machine-learning concepts and working with machine-learning platforms (such as Onnx and Tensorflow)
- Experience working in a cross-functional and fast-paced environment
- Professional experience building scalable, performant, mission-critical software
- Passion for learning and sharing knowledge with the team around you
- Passionate about building and developing a world-class engineering culture. You are humble and drive positivity.
What You Get
- Competitive compensation and 401k plans
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision coverage for you and your family
- Access to Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Savings Accounts
- Unlimited time off + paid holidays
- Opportunities for equity shares
- Dependent-care Flexible Spending Accounts, plus fertility support and coverage of $15,000
- Commuter transit and parking subsidies
- Daily lunch and snacks on-site
Premise In the News
- Premise Data Raises $85 Million To Transform Market Intelligence By Scaling Its Machine Learning And Human Intelligence Platform (PRNewswire)
- Forbes Recognizes Premise Data Among Best Startup Employers (Forbes)
- Premise Data Acquires Grupo Meiko to Accelerate Global Growth in Retail Measurement (Yahoo)
- Armed with smartphones, Colombians are taking on the local mozzies (The Economist)
- Majority in Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia on edge over food access (Al-Monitor)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.