Field Support Representative
We all know every decision should be driven by data. But what about the data you don’t know? For years, the status quo in data aggregation has lacked visibility, moved slowly, and cost too much…leaving organizations to make critical decisions, day after day, without the whole picture. Premise changes that.
Across 138 countries and counting, our technology connects communities of global smartphone users to source actionable data in real-time, cost-effectively and with the visibility the world’s most innovative companies, governments and development organizations need.
With Premise, organizations win. And communities win, too. People can earn more from their opinions and discoveries. They can influence their cities for the better. And, unlike other data sourcing methods out there, they can do it all with full transparency that the data they’re gathering is going to an organization that values it…and values them.
Our Customer Solutions team is growing rapidly, and we’re searching for a Field Support Representative to begin work immediately in Washington, DC or Remote. This position will support a large, USAID-funded, monitoring, evaluation, research and learning (MERL) contract with high relevance to US foreign policy.
Our Field Support Representatives collaborate across teams to ensure customers' goals are met by integrating the Premise platform into complex projects. They oversee data collection operations, communicating effectively with various stakeholders. This role involves identifying and addressing gaps in data collection plans by working closely with the Customer Solutions team. Candidates should excel in drafting information requests, analyzing intricate data, and presenting findings visually and in writing. They must translate sensitive collection goals into actionable tasks and insights for customers in a clear and non-sensitive manner.
What You Will Do
You’ll work in the Customer Solutions team, a group of analysts, methodologists, data scientists, and developers who are responsible for turning our raw data into the insights our customers need to make faster, more effective decisions. Responsibilities include:
- Engage end users to understand collection requirements and goals
- Work with the customer and the broader team to establish commonly understood data collection goals, needs, and methods, as well as ultimate deliverables
- Engage closely with the customer to understand the key questions they need answers to and translate those into a range of non-sensitive tasks (via surveys, observations, and/or access to syndicated datasets)
- Speak knowledgeably and credibly about Premise technology, engaging the customer at multiple levels to recognize the impact of our data and identify new collection and upsell opportunities
- Build customer-facing deliverables and/or visualizations
- Work with the Customer Operations and Methodology teams to build data collection mechanisms, evaluate early submissions, and monitor overall progress
- Work with Client Analytics team to build interactive dashboards and create ongoing reports and analyses
- Critically evaluate customer data and refine collection strategies
- Perform ongoing analysis of data to uncover issues related to quality, consistency, and/or comprehension of questions and tasks
- Highlight key insights using statistics and other analytically rigorous tools, packaging them for end users in easily digestible language and formats
- Recommend concrete suggestions for improvement and work with other teams to implement, tracking their impact and utility over time
- Translate research and requirements into recurring products
- Work with Product and Data Science teams to prototype new products and capabilities based on your research and/or customer requirements
Support these teams’ efforts to improve existing data products to better meet customer requirements and/or increase data subscriptions/collection requests
What You Bring Along
- You must be intimately familiar with USAID and/or BHA’s MERL contracts or very similar learning and analysis contracts. Candidates without this experience working on such contracts will not be considered.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent formal military or equivalent training, in addition to at least 5 years of full-time professional experience
- Experience taking complex, imperfect collection goals/questions and identifying insights of interest from a large amount of data, using a range of analytical tools and techniques in support of operations (minimum 2 years)
- Ability to work both collaboratively with a cross-functional team spread across multiple time zones and independently as an onsite ambassador, displaying critical thinking, creativity, and problem-solving skills to achieve customer goals
- Experience working with Looker, Tableau or some other data visualization platform (minimum 3 years)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to break down, explain, and demonstrate complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner to multiple levels of management (both internal and external)
- Experience with SQL, R or Python a very strong plus
What You Get
- Competitive compensation and 401k plans
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision coverage for you and your family
- Access to Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Savings Accounts
- Unlimited time off + paid holidays
- Opportunities for equity shares
- Dependent-care Flexible Spending Accounts, plus fertility support and coverage of $15,000
- Commuter transit and parking subsidies
- Daily lunch and snacks on-site
Premise In the News
- Premise Data Raises $85 Million To Transform Market Intelligence By Scaling Its Machine Learning And Human Intelligence Platform (PRNewswire)
- Forbes Recognizes Premise Data Among Best Startup Employers (Forbes)
- Premise Data Acquires Grupo Meiko to Accelerate Global Growth in Retail Measurement (Yahoo)
- Armed with smartphones, Colombians are taking on the local mozzies (The Economist)
- Majority in Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia on edge over food access (Al-Monitor)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.