Forward Deployed Software Engineer
At vArmour, we’re disrupting traditional security and IT players through the understanding of relationships - the complex interdependencies that drive IT. vArmour is the leading venture-backed provider of Application Relationship Management software, enabling complex, global enterprises to discover and protect the relationships between users, digital assets and data. Based in Silicon Valley, the company's investors include NightDragon and AllegisCyber.
The largest companies in the world use vArmour to visualize, map, monitor, and control the relationships that power their organizations. Only vArmour enables organizations to auto-discover relationships between applications and users across hybrid clouds without adding new agents or infrastructure. As businesses continue to tackle the challenges of digital transformation, vArmour makes it easy to achieve Zero Trust, securely migrate to cloud, visualize and control user access, and discover the blast radius of incidents.
At vArmour, “Relationships Matter” is the cornerstone philosophy that drives the company--in our technology and product design, as well as how the company engages our people, customers, and partners. We live this value every day.
- Architect and Build Cloud-Native Data Processing Pipelines: design, develop, and maintain cloud-native data processing and transformation pipelines that underpin our cybersecurity and cyber resiliency products in a solution engineering capacity, and in sustaining our deployed products.
- Experience with Distributed Computing: leverage your expertise in distributed computing to optimize the performance and scalability of our solutions.
- Startup-Style Role: embrace a role that resembles the responsibilities of a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in a startup, with the ability to weigh trade-offs between short-term and long-term thinking in solutions engineering.
- Coding Proficiency: demonstrate strong coding skills with proficiency in at least one of Python, Go, or TypeScript for developing and maintaining critical components.
- Kubernetes Expertise: leverage your experience with Kubernetes to ensure the seamless deployment and orchestration of our solutions in cloud environments.
- Tier 3 Support Activities: take ownership of Tier 3 support activities, diagnosing and resolving complex technical issues, and collaborating with other teams to ensure customer success.
- High-Impact Contributions: deliver high-impact individual contributions in other areas such as Application Performance Monitoring (APM), process automation, and cloud operations to enhance the repeatability and efficiency of support, customer success, and solutions engineering.
- Subject Matter Expertise: draw on and build your applied experience in cyber security, cyber resilience, and network security.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience in architecting, building, maintaining, and sustaining cloud-native data processing and transformation pipelines.
- Exposure to distributed computing.
- Experience with batch and stream processing.
- Proficient in at least one of Python, Go, or TypeScript.
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes.
- Proficient with at least one relational database.
- Strong knowledge of at least one Cloud Service Provider.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate complex technical challenges.
- Self-driven and able to work independently while thriving in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, including customers.
What We Offer
The opportunity to be a part of something special - an exciting work environment filled with motivated people on a mission to disrupt markets through excellent software. We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, vision coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your schedule with flexible work arrangements and locations for many roles
- Generous holidays and vacation days each year
- Monthly wellness days off
- Team programs and social events
- Annual innovation summits, hack-a-thons and top-performer recognition events
Don’t check all of the boxes? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a team of ambitious, diverse humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed in our chaotic-but-fun, decentralized, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
vArmour is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.