Java Developer (K8s Focus) (m/f/d)
Java Developer (K8s Focus) (m/f/d)
Onapsis is rapidly expanding, achieving record growth year after year. We are seeking passionate contributors who thrive in an open and collaborative environment.
Onapsis protects the applications that run the global economy. Only Onapsis delivers a next-generation platform for protecting mission-critical applications by providing the actionable insight, change assurance, automated governance and continuous monitoring capabilities required by cross-functional teams to discover risk, optimize workflows, control change and automate reporting. Onapsis’s holistic approach empowers enterprise organizations to embrace and accelerate SAP and Oracle E-Business Suite modernization, cloud and mobility initiatives, while keeping their ERP, CRM, PLM, HCM, SCM, BI and cloud-based mission-critical applications protected and compliant.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, and with regional offices in Heidelberg, Germany and Buenos Aires, Argentina, Onapsis proudly serves more than 300 of the world’s leading brands and organizations, including many of the Global 2000. For more information, connect with us on Twitter or LinkedIn, or visit us at https://www.onapsis.com.
We are looking for passionate and creative Java developer security enthusiasts (m/f/d) who are eager to improve their skills in the Information Security field. They will learn from and work side-by-side with experienced security researchers.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design and development of web applications from requirements analysis to production
- Deploy and operate Kubernetes cluster
- Help developers containerize applications and move it to Kubernetes
- Identifying and diagnosing issues in deployments together with software development teams
- Create end-to-end application deployment automation on Kubernetes using Helm
- Ability to code to implement essential security measures
- Knowledge in monitoring tools: New Relic, fluent
- Collaborating closely with the development teams and the devops team on release process and automation.
- Analyze and improve application performance
- Search for simple and robust solutions to complex tasks
- Work in an Agile methodology environment where innovation, teamwork, and creativity are the key to success
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Have 5+ years of experience writing and deploying production code
- Strong ability to abstract complex problems to their essential components and design and implement elegant solutions for them
- Robust OO Programming and OO Design concepts knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Java 8 (higher is a plus)
- Hands-on Docker containers on Kubernetes experience:
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools (Git, BitBucket, Nexus/Artifactory)
- Experience with databases and ORM frameworks (eg. Hibernate) and dependency management and build automation tools as Ant and Maven
- Strong unit/integration testing experience
- Delivery Focused using Agile Development Methodology (Scrum/Kanban)
- Need to be a team player while having the capacity to work independently
- Strong analytical and logical skills including troubleshooting
- Good interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
What You’ll get:
- You can expect a job with responsible tasks and creative opportunities, an attractive salary and extensive benefits (including JobRad, gym access in Heidelberg, Flexible Friday and much more).
- You have flexible working hours with us. In addition, you can work remotely from other EU countries by arrangement.
- We support our employees with 5 fully paid sick days per child and subsidize childcare up to primary school age
- In addition to an individual onboarding and buddy program, we offer comprehensive training opportunities and english language classes
- In addition to a summer and a Christmas party, we organize regular company events to strengthen team cohesion
- In addition to the 30 vacation days with a 5-day work week, you will receive 2 additional vacation days on Christmas eve (12/24) and new year's eve (12/31)
- Furthermore, you can expect an innovative and attractive workplace with flat hierarchies and respectful and solution-oriented communication.
- You will work in a modern, centrally located office in the Heidelberg Innovation Park, not far from Heidelberg's main train station.