Senior Software Engineer - Python
About the job
The world’s most critical--and at risk--business applications have been neglected for far too long. Onapsis eliminates this blind spot by providing cybersecurity solutions dedicated to business-critical applications. Whether running on premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment, Onapsis helps nearly 30% of the Forbes Global 100 understand the threats and risks across their SAP and Oracle landscapes.
We are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic Software Engineers who want to impact cybersecurity by continuing to advance, maintain, and enhance our platform features in Threat Detection & Response, Vulnerability Management, and Compliance Automation.
What you will be doing, your legacy:
Working with leadership, product management, and the Onapsis research team. You will be engaged in evaluating, scoping, proposing, and building features to fulfill business solution requirements to protect our customers. Work collaboratively with a team of cybersecurity researchers, engineers, and product managers to iterate toward product definition and realization. Additionally, you will be working with the Architecture team to take the platform to the next level of maturity in terms of technologies and architecture design while advancing our quality engineering processes to deliver high-quality products and services while also working closely with security and IT professionals to ensure safe and secure systems architectures are followed.
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 2+ years of programming experience with Python
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience.
- Experience building APIs (REST, GraphQL, Django, Flask)
- Experience developing in Linux environment
- Experience with Asynchronous tasks/queues. (Celery, AMQP, MQTT, Redis)
- Experience with Relational databases and ORMs (we use PostgreSQL and SQLAlchemy).
- Experience troubleshooting production environments using observability and monitoring tools
Desired skills or interests in:
- Container technology, i.e., Docker, Kubernetes
- Security software development best practices
- Cloud-native application development and Cloud Technologies
- Knowledge of test-driven development (TDD), CI / CD tooling, and Agile methodologies
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers' best practices within your team
- Intermediate written and oral Spanish skills (not required)
What we offer:
- A role in shaping the future of protecting the most critical applications that run the world's business and a career that grows as the company grows.
- A unique culture of high achievement and teamwork.
- Supportive and humble colleagues are the space's top problem solvers and innovators.
- Financial security through competitive compensation and incentives.
Location: Onapsis is establishing a new development center in Bucharest. This is a hybrid role, so candidates must be commutable to Bucharest.
Onapsis protects the business applications that run the global economy. The Onapsis Platform delivers vulnerability management, change assurance, and continuous compliance for business applications from leading vendors such as SAP, Oracle, and others. The Onapsis Platform is powered by the Onapsis Research Labs, the team responsible for the discovery and mitigation of more than 1,000 zero-day vulnerabilities in business applications.
Onapsis is headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in Heidelberg, Germany and Buenos Aires, Argentina, and proudly serves hundreds of the world’s leading brands, including close to 30% of the Forbes Global 100, six of the top 10 automotive companies, five of the top 10 chemical companies, four of the top 10 technology companies, and three of the top 10 oil and gas companies.