Technical Team Lead - SRE
About the job
The world’s most critical--and at risk--business applications have been neglected for far too long. Onapsis eliminates this blind spot by providing cybersecurity solutions dedicated to business-critical applications. Whether running on premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment, Onapsis helps nearly 30% of the Forbes Global 100 understand the threats and risks across their SAP and Oracle landscapes.
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Technical Team Lead who wants to impact cybersecurity by continuing to advance, maintain, and enhance our Site, service, and platform operational reliability and service in Threat Detection & Response, Vulnerability Management, Code Scanning, and Compliance Automation.
What you will be doing, your legacy:
You will be the technical team's point of contact, working with leadership and our product engineering, research, and development teams and business stakeholders. You will lead and advance a newly formed SRE team focused on supporting and maintaining various products and services on-premise, remotely deployed, and cloud-based from an operational point of view. Advancing and caring for the reliability of our systems and working closely with product counterparts to achieve it. You'll grow a global Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team that applies software engineering techniques and discipline to production operations to attack reliability and performance issues and fix them for good.
You will Lead SRE practice that:
- Inspire engagement and creativity
- Foster teams' growth
- Mentor team members
- Monitor processes and propose necessary changes to processes
- Guide the teams through project implementation
- Oversee application activities and customer inquiries
- Evolve our maturity around workload and team capacity management.
- Build and evolve a newly forming SRE organization.
- Manage projects to develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale, and monitor their applications in data centers and in the cloud.
- Actively participate in high-level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements, and conducting tool evaluations.
- Help solve business needs with technology by evaluating different technology options and vendor products.
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains - will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer-facing issues.
- Hands-on investigation and acting as an engineer as needed.
- Takes ownership of the end-to-end project and acts as a delivery manager
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience.
- Experience working in large-scale infrastructures.
- Experience supporting and participating in Production incident resolution teams.
- Experience managing Linux OS (Debian/Ubuntu), Queue servers (RabbitMQ), and Database instances
- Change management experience
- Experience Working with monitoring systems, both APMs and Infrastructure monitoring
- Experience with High-level networking and load-balancing knowledge.
- Solid understanding of high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems, and hybrid cloud environments
- Experience with version control systems such as Git or SVN
- 2+ years of technically leading teams who provide a mix of Operational and Engineering work, including the development of support applications.
- 4+ years of programming experience writing code in Java, Shell, Perl, Python, or a similar language.
- Knowledge of well-known development techniques like TDD or TBD, CI / CD tooling, and Agile methodologies
What we offer:
- A role in shaping the future of protecting the most critical applications that run the world's business and a career that grows as the company grows.
- A unique culture of high achievement and teamwork.
- Supportive and humble colleagues are the space's top problem solvers and innovators.
- Financial security through competitive compensation and incentives.
Onapsis is establishing a new development center in Bucharest. This is a hybrid role, so candidates must be commutable to Bucharest.
Onapsis protects the business applications that run the global economy. The Onapsis Platform delivers vulnerability management, change assurance, and continuous compliance for business applications from leading vendors such as SAP, Oracle, and others. The Onapsis Platform is powered by the Onapsis Research Labs, the team responsible for the discovery and mitigation of more than 1,000 zero-day vulnerabilities in business applications.
Onapsis is headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in Heidelberg, Germany and Buenos Aires, Argentina, and proudly serves hundreds of the world’s leading brands, including close to 30% of the Forbes Global 100, six of the top 10 automotive companies, five of the top 10 chemical companies, four of the top 10 technology companies, and three of the top 10 oil and gas companies.