DevOps Engineer II
About the job
The world’s most critical--and at-risk--business applications have been neglected for far too long. Onapsis eliminates this blind spot by providing cybersecurity solutions dedicated to business-critical applications. Onapsis helps nearly 30% of the Forbes Global 100 understand the threats and risks across their SAP and Oracle landscapes, whether running on-premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer II who will join a global team which maintains, enhances and evolves the tool chain for the Engineer Software Development Life Cycle. The DevOps Eng will be responsible for building tooling, automation and industry methodology for a better developer experience.
What you will be doing, your legacy :
You’ll participate in writing and deploying software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Onapsis products and services while solving complex problems related to cloud services and remotely deployed products. You’ll also learn from designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
As a global DevOps Engineer team member, you’ll understand the complete software development life cycle, technical dependencies, and deployment of our production services.
You will be engaged in evaluating, scoping, proposing, and building features to fulfill the development pipeline for our product. Work collaboratively with Engineering teams across our global operation.
- Obsession with learning new technologies
- 1+ year of professional experience on DevOps practices or programming experience with any OOP/Scripting Language. Python, Bash, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Knowledge using Code Version Control like Git and CI/CD Tools
- Knowledge on AWS Cloud Technologies (S3, EC2, Lambda)
- Knowledge of Linux environments
- Knowledge of troubleshooting environments using observability and monitoring tools
- Great verbal and written communication skills is needed for team collaboration
Desired skills or interests in:
- Knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of orchestration/automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, Chef, etc.)
- Knowledge in GitLab Technology and Pipelines
- Knowledge of change management procedures
- Cloud-native application development and infrastructure
- Knowledge of Metrics visualization tools (Grafana, etc.)
- Experience working with highly scalable distributed systems
What we offer:
- A role in shaping the future of protecting the most critical applications that run the world's business and a career that grows as the company grows.
- A unique culture of high achievement and teamwork.
- Supportive and humble colleagues are the space's top problem solvers and innovators.
- Financial security through competitive compensation and incentives.
Employment: Please note that this is a full-time employee role. No B2B or SRLs will be accommodated.
Onapsis has established a new development center in Bucharest. This is a hybrid role, so candidates must be commutable to Bucharest.
Onapsis protects the business applications that run the global economy. The Onapsis Platform delivers vulnerability management, change assurance, and continuous compliance for business applications from leading vendors such as SAP, Oracle, and others. The Onapsis Platform is powered by the Onapsis Research Labs, the team responsible for the discovery and mitigation of more than 1,000 zero-day vulnerabilities in business applications.
Onapsis is headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in Dallas, TX, Heidelberg, Germany, Bucharest, Romania, and Buenos Aires, Argentina, and proudly serves hundreds of the world’s leading brands, including close to 30% of the Forbes Global 100, six of the top 10 automotive companies, five of the top 10 chemical companies, four of the top 10 technology companies, and three of the top 10 oil and gas companies.