Senior Security Content Researcher
About the job
The world’s most critical--and at-risk--business applications have been neglected for far too long. Onapsis eliminates this blind spot by providing cybersecurity solutions dedicated to business-critical applications. Whether running on-premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment, Onapsis helps nearly 30% of the Forbes Global 100 understand the threats and risks across their SAP and Oracle landscapes.
We seek self-motivated and enthusiastic Software Engineers who want to impact cybersecurity by continuing to advance, maintain, and enhance our platform features in Threat Detection and Response, Vulnerability Management, and Compliance Automation.
What you will be doing, your legacy:
Working with leadership, product management, and the Onapsis research team. You will be engaged in evaluating, scoping, proposing, and building security checks to fulfill business solution requirements to protect our customers. Working with a team of cybersecurity researchers will develop strong skills in both security and SAP. You'll develop and test a vast portfolio of security configurations using Python. As per your deeply developed knowledge in Business Critical Applications, cybersecurity, and vulnerabilities, you can handle support problem resolution, analyzing false positives and/or scan issues. Additionally, you will work with the Marketing team, collaborating with the Onapsis Blog and sharing our research results with the SAP security community.
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 2+ years of programming experience with Python
- Practical experience in security software development
- Familiar with security and networking protocols
- Excellent analytical skills to incisively approach a diverse set of problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
- Experience developing in Linux environment
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP communication protocols
- Basic knowledge of Operating System fundamentals
- Experience troubleshooting production environments using observability and monitoring tools
Desired skills or interests in:
- Knowledge in reverse engineering (in binary form)
- Experience reading ABAP code
- Practical experience in creating Snort Signatures.
- Advanced knowledge of Regular Expressions (regex).
- Design creative solutions for cyber-security-related problems
- Develop innovative prototypes
- Research on security challenges and potential solutions
- Advanced knowledge of data structures, algorithms, databases, and software design.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning: algorithms, modeling, frameworks, etc.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers' best practices within your team
What we offer:
- A role in shaping the future of protecting the most critical applications that run the world's business and a career that grows as the company grows.
- A unique culture of high achievement and teamwork.
- Supportive and humble colleagues are the space's top problem solvers and innovators.
- Financial security through competitive compensation and incentives.
Employment: Onapsis is hiring full-time employees directly, with no ability to hire SRL or B2B independent contractors.
Onapsis is establishing a new development center in Bucharest. This is a hybrid role, so candidates must be commutable to Bucharest.
Onapsis protects the business applications that run the global economy. The Onapsis Platform delivers vulnerability management, change assurance, and continuous compliance for business applications from leading vendors such as SAP, Oracle, and others. The Onapsis Platform is powered by the Onapsis Research Labs, the team responsible for the discovery and mitigation of more than 1,000 zero-day vulnerabilities in business applications.
Onapsis is headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in Heidelberg, Germany and Buenos Aires, Argentina, and proudly serves hundreds of the world’s leading brands, including close to 30% of the Forbes Global 100, six of the top 10 automotive companies, five of the top 10 chemical companies, four of the top 10 technology companies, and three of the top 10 oil and gas companies.