Research Engineer II
About the job
The world’s most critical--and at-risk--business applications have been neglected for far too long. Onapsis eliminates this blind spot by providing cybersecurity solutions dedicated to business-critical applications. Whether running on-premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment, Onapsis helps nearly 30% of the Forbes Global 100 understand the threats and risks across their SAP and Oracle landscapes.
We seek self-motivated and enthusiastic Research Engineers who want to impact cybersecurity by continuing to advance, maintain, and enhance our platform features in Threat Detection and Response, Vulnerability Management, and Compliance Automation. The Research Engineer will assist in analyzing and creating potential security checks for the OP platform. This role is ideal for an entry-level professional with an interest in three pillars: Development, SAP security and cybersecurity, to develop their expertise in this specialized field.
What you will be doing, your legacy:
You will be contributing, collaborating and building security checks in the OP platform to fulfill business solution requirements to protect our customers. Working with a team of cybersecurity researchers, you will develop strong skills in both security and SAP. You'll develop and test a vast portfolio of security configurations using Python. As per your knowledge in development, you can handle support problem resolution, analyzing false positives and/or scan issues. You’ll acquire a deep understanding of the Business Critical Applications, cybersecurity, and vulnerabilities. You’ll also have the possibility to collaborate with the Onapsis Blog and share some of your research results with the SAP security community.
- 3 years of programming experience with Python
- Knowledge of Python best practices
- Experience developing under Linux environments
- Familiar with security and networking protocols
- Practical experience in security software development
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Propose improvements to current development procedures.
- Clearly document the iteration between modules and their APIs
Desired skills or interests in:
- Basic knowledge of of cybersecurity principles, including confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA)
- Interested in research on security challenges and potential solutions
- Basic knowledge of network protocols, architecture, and security mechanisms.
- Basic understanding of common network vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Basic knowledge of Regular Expressions (regex).
- Basic experience working with Python Web frameworks (REST, GraphQL, Django, Flask).
- Basic experience with Python Async Technologies desired (Celery, AMQP, MQTT, Redis)
What we offer:
- A role in shaping the future of protecting the most critical applications that run the world's business and a career that grows as the company grows.
- A unique culture of high achievement and teamwork.
- Supportive and humble colleagues are the space's top problem solvers and innovators.
- Financial security through competitive compensation and incentives.
Employment: Onapsis only hires full-time employees in Romania. We do not entertain SRLs or B2B contract situations.
Location: Onapsis is establishing a new development center in Bucharest. This is a hybrid role, so candidates must be commutable to Bucharest.
Onapsis protects the business applications that run the global economy. The Onapsis Platform delivers vulnerability management, change assurance, and continuous compliance for business applications from leading vendors such as SAP, Oracle, and others. The Onapsis Platform is powered by the Onapsis Research Labs, the team responsible for the discovery and mitigation of more than 1,000 zero-day vulnerabilities in business applications.
Onapsis is headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in Heidelberg, Germany and Buenos Aires, Argentina, and proudly serves hundreds of the world’s leading brands, including close to 30% of the Forbes Global 100, six of the top 10 automotive companies, five of the top 10 chemical companies, four of the top 10 technology companies, and three of the top 10 oil and gas companies.