Software Engineer II Python
About the job
Onapsis is on a mission to safeguard the most critical business applications that business depends on daily. Over 20% of the Fortune 100 rely on Onapsis to secure their business-critical applications and ensure they are compliant and available.
We are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic Software Engineers who want to make an impact in the cybersecurity space by continuing to advance, maintain, and enhance our platform features in the areas of Threat Detection & Response, Vulnerability Management, and Compliance Automation.
What you will be doing, your legacy:
Working with leadership, product management, and the Onapsis research team. You will be engaged in evaluating, scoping, proposing, and building features to fulfill business solution requirements to protect our customers. Work collaboratively within a team of cybersecurity researchers, engineers, and product managers to iterate toward product definition and realization. Additionally, you will be working with the Architecture team to take the platform to the next level of maturity in terms of technologies and architecture design while advancing our quality engineering processes to deliver high-quality products and services while also working closely with security and IT professionals to ensure safe and secure systems architectures are followed.
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 1+ years of programming experience with Python
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience.
- Experience building APIs (REST, GraphQL, Django, Flask)
- Experience developing in Linux environment
- Knowledge of test-driven development (TDD), CI / CD tooling, and Agile methodologies
- Experience with Asynchronous tasks/queues. (Celery, AMQP, MQTT, Redis)
- Experience with Relational databases and ORMs (we use PostgreSQL and SQLAlchemy).
- Experience troubleshooting production environments using observability and monitoring tools
Desired skills or interests in:
- Container technology, i.e., Docker, Kubernetes
- Security software development best practices
- Cloud-native application development and Cloud Technologies
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
What we offer:
- A role in shaping the future of protecting the most critical applications that run the world's business and a career that grows as the company grows.
- A unique culture of high achievement and teamwork.
- Supportive and humble colleagues are some of the space's top problem solvers and innovators.
- Financial security through competitive compensation and incentives.
- A comprehensive benefits plan, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and a 401K.
- Unlimited paid time off.
Location: Dallas Mid-Cities - Hybrid 1-2 days per week in office, so candidates must be commutable to Mid-Cities / Dallas, Texas - This is not a remote-only opportunity.
About our Company:
Onapsis is a proven market leader that protects the most critical applications that run your business. Only Onapsis delivers the actionable intelligence, automated governance, continuous monitoring, and secure change capabilities required by cross-functional teams to optimize workflows and automate manual tasks so they can embrace and accelerate SAP and Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) modernization, cloud, IoT, and mobility initiatives while keeping the most vital systems and data protected and compliant.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, and with regional offices in DFW Metroplex, Heidelberg, Germany, Bucharest, Romania and Buenos Aires, Argentina, Onapsis proudly serves more than 300 of the world’s leading brands and organizations, including many of the Global 2000.